Following stories are from WBZ’s Noon, 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. newscast. I edited reporters’ packages and wrote headlines and captions for our video archive.
One main link, http://wbztv.com/video/?cid=9 will take you to the Video Archie page. From there, if you search these headlines, you’ll be able to watch the video and read a short description about it. You can also see what happened on each day since my first day of internship in and around Boston!
August 24, 2010: My last day at WBZ as a web intern… I am really going to miss this place!
- Amorello Pleads Not Guilty In Drunk Driving Crash
- Gardening With Gutner: Fresh, Locally Grown Veggies
- Newton North High Student Dies In Car Crash
- Worcester Woman Shot Dead In Her Car
- Egg Recall May Help Smaller Local Suppliers
- Study: Saving For College Harder Than Ever
- Massachusetts To Receive Federal Education Grants
August 19, 2010: What a busy day! President Obama arrived for his family vacation; Police Dept. is getting ready for new students moving to Boston; A crazy vampire wanna-be gets arrested; someone or something has decapitated a swan…
- Soldiers Return Home From Iraq
- Increasing Number Of Robberies In Wilmington
- Cut The Cost Of Wedding By Buying Pre-Owned
- Millions Of Eggs Recalled
- Wonderland Greyhound Park Closed
- Obama Arrives On Martha’s Vineyard
- American Troops Return Home From Iraq
- Welcome Back, Mr. President
August 17, 2010: More pot found in Boston.. Remember that 1 ton of pot? Well, this time it’s part of a drug cartel.
- Suspicious Fire At Taunton City Hall
- Half Ton Of Marijuana Found In Abington
- Gardening With Gutner: Birding In Your Own Garden
- High School Football Player Paralyzed At Practice
- Youngest In Grade Tend To Be Diagnosed With ADHD
- Looking For Clues To 19th Century Irish Lifestyle
- Questionable State Of Endicott Bridge In Boxford
- Markoff Killed Himself With An Improved Scalpel
- Stressed Out Trees Mean Earlier Change Of Colors
August 12, 2010: More importantly, Happy birthday to meeeeeeeeeeee!
- Competing For Consumers On Tax Free Weekend
- Milton House Destroyed By Fire
- Man Accused Of Stabbing 18 People Captured
- Bishop’s Age Requires His Resignation
- Tips To Get What You Want At A Hotel
- Brockton Residents Outraged Over High Water Bills
August 3, 2010: One of the largest shooting at a workplace happened today…
- Several Killed In Beer Distribution Plant Shooting
- Gardening With Gutner: Fighting Lawn Grubs
- EEE Spraying to Begin Wednesday Night
- Reports: Supplements Contain Dangerous Ingredients
- Gloucester Mailman Accused Of Dealing Drugs
- Homes To Be Sold To Applicants Chosen By Lottery
- Static Kill To Stop The Oil Spill
- Workers Fired Due To Casino Bill Failure
- Solar Storm Show Coming To MA Sky
July 29, 2010: Trying to legalize casinos in MA… Looks like it’s working!
- Casinos And Racinos Finally Coming To MA?
- More Parking Options For Scooters In Back Bay
- Web Extra: Do You Like Tom Brady’s New Style?
- Building In Lynn On Fire, Under Investigation
- Salvation Army Bringing Down Framingham Downtown?
- Teacher Who Stabbed A Man Allowed Back In School
- Human Food Toxic To Pets
- Local Soldiers Head To Afghanistan
July 27, 2010: Apparently there is a competition to find out who the best lifeguards are in Boston.
- Murderer Asks For Parole, Says He Changed
- Gardening With Gutner: Pick Your Own Flowers
- Bridal Show Scam Alleged Ring Leader Caught
- Avoid Pregnancy With Adiana System
- Reinstating Walking Police Beats In Attleboro
- Who’s To Blame? Delayed Construction Projects
- Wanted: Best Lifeguards In Town
July 22, 2010: A slow news day…
- How A Jellyfish Could Sting 150 People
- Safer Roads For Drivers and Troopers
- Tomato Blight In CT May Be An Isolated Incident
- Natural Delivery After C-Section Considered Safe
- Colombian Drug Ring Busted
- Victory For Lobstermen, Proposal For Ban Killed
- Shoppers Not Happy With Rebate Cards
- Norton Fire Station Closed Due To Budget Cuts
- Trees Cut Down For Power Lines
July 20, 2010:Yet another day of random collection of local news… motor accident, Lindsay Lohan, possible tornado in MA and feel-good economic comebacks.
- Learning How To Golf Even If You Can’t See
- Lightning Victim Talks About His Experience
- Westminster Motors Will Once Again Sell Dodge Cars
- Lindsay Lohan Goes To Jail For 90 Days
- Raw Video: Aftermath Of Truck Crash In Woburn
- Gardening With Gutner: Trains In The Garden
- Actual Tornado In South Ashburnham?
July 15, 2010: What a bizarre day… Natural disasters, arson, accidents, and ducks & gorillas. What?
- Swimmers Beware: Rip Current
- Cape Wind More Expensive Than Anticipated
- Franklin Police Looking For Arsonists
- Gassing Geese In NH To Control Population
- Oil Leak In The Gulf Finally Stopped
- Somerville Flooding: Not A Human Error
- Air Contamination After Pipe Burst Under Control
- Raw Video: Baby Ducklings, Gorilla Godparents?
July 13, 2010: What a day… Declaring curiosity regarding a construction worker who seems to simply chill by the aquaduct all day, still following the aftermath of the weekend downpour, a rather hilarious car accident, sharks and many wanted ads for thieves.
- Curious Of Worker Sitting Under Umbrella On Pike
- Somerville Chocolate Factory Destroyed By Rain
- Fletcher Granite Workers March For Jobs
- Car Stuck Between Duck Boat And Box Truck
- Despite Shark Warning, Beaches Still Crowded
- Holy Relic Stolen From Catholic Church
July 8, 2010: RIP John Henning
- Several Towns Enforce Water Restrictions
- Henning Was A ‘Great Street Reporter’
- Man Accused Of Murdering Ex-Girlfriend
- WBZ’s John Henning Was Never A Bully
- Outdoor Water Ban For Safety Purposes
- Boston’s Oldest Grocery Store Caught On Fire
July 6, 2010: The extreme heat wave basically dominated the headlines all over New England.
- Gardening With Gutner: Green Lawn In The Heat
- Trees Removed Due To Beetle Invasion
- 9 Firefighters Suffer From Heat Exhaustion
- Web Extra: Ice Cream Outing For Man’s Best Friends
- Raw Video: Brush Fire In Holden
- Public Pools Popularity Skyrockets
July 1, 2010: I know the Russian spy stories are filling up the headline spots, but bigger news today was eight new baby penguins born at the aquarium! (Check out my story – NE Aquarium Welcomes 8 New Penguin Chicks)
- Boston Pops Celebrating 125th Anniversary
- New Treatment For Skin Cancer
- Alleged Spy Couple Appear At Court
June 29, 2010: (Pope) Alejandroooo Alejandroooo
- Raw: Mass Pike Chase Suspect: “I Am Pope Alexander”
June 24, 2010: Apparently people waited 24 hours outside the Apple store to buy the new iPhone… What?
- Sleepless Night For The iPhone 4
- Police Looking For A Credit Card Thief
- Boy Attacked By Dog In Fair Condition
- Go Paperless Or Receive Paper Statements?
June 22, 2010: New bill concerning elderly drivers and drivers attached to their smartphones. No more happy meals toys perhaps…
- Gardening With Gutner: How To Install Fish Ponds
- Study: Elderly Drivers Defy Stereotypes
- Texting While Driving Banned Under New Bill
- Winchester Murder Victims’ Family Speaks Out
- Community Calls For Cease Fire On Streets Of Boston
- Consumer Group Plans To Sue McDonald’s
June 17, 2010: Rollercoaster of emotions – from sadness and grief for a murdered family to a comical painting thief to a relief knowing your text message sent by mistake can be retrieved and destroyed.
- Father Wanted For Killing His Family
- Father Arrested For Murdering His Family
- Who Worked On Bunker Hill Day?
- Paintings Stolen From Lexington Church
- Mother Unhappy With Restrictions On Long Beach
- Erase Unwated Texts Even After You Send
June 15, 2010: Scandals everywhere. But most importantly, apparently Paul Pierce had his own fat-kid days.
- Town Administrator Hid Camera In Women’s Bathroom
- Transit Manager Allegedly Stole Bus Fares
- Family Happy To Have Marine Son Back As A Free Man
- Pierce Was A “Chubby Little 7th Grader”
June 10, 2010: Women walking alone especially late at night, be careful!
- Looking For Connections In Attacks On Woman
- Caregiver Accused Of Leaving Clients Locked In Van
- High Hopes For The Celtics
- Family-Run Deli In Natick To Close On Father’s Day
- Beverly To Require Students To Use Same MacBook
June 8, 2010: “Oh, I didn’t see kids drinking” But then how did the cops find beer cans in rooms INSIDE the house???
- Church Members Accused Of Stealing Donations
- Undercover Sting To Raise Awareness
- Doctors Charged In Underage Drinking Party
- Mustard Gas Makes Fisherman Sick
June 3, 2010: 2,000 lbs. of marijuana? Are you kidding me?
- Vote On BFD Union Contract Postponed
- Wilkerson Pleads Guilty, Faces Possible Jail Time
- 2,000 Pounds Of Pot Found In Dorchester Apartment
- Summer Travels On A Budget
- Boston Realtor Accused Of Stealing Money
June 1, 2010: Problems with gun violence in Boston lead to a teen’s death. As summer approaches, don’t panic, the Deka Laser will beautify your legs.
- No Bail For 2 Charged In Teen’s Murder
- New Solution For Spider Veins: The Deka Laser
- Reports: Driver Runs Down Couple On Lynn Street
- Lightening Strike Starts Fire In Wrentham
- The Gores Separate After 40 Years Of Marriage
- Oil Spill Unlikely To Impact Hurricane Season
- Lightening Strikes House In Gloucester
- Parents Speak About Their Son’s Murder
May 27, 2010: “Smoke” the oldest harbor seal at the New England Aquarium celebrated her 39th birthday while a senior prank in Orange damaged school buses and buildings.
- Extra: Seal Rings In Birthday With Candles, Fish
- Veteran Pilot Killed In Boxboro Helicopter Crash
- Extremely Active Hurricane Season Expected
- Seventeen Graduate From New Nazareth Academy
- School Buses And Building Vandalized In Orange
- Presidential Landing Damages Marlboro Airport